Live Teaching and Support
EDClass is a virtual classroom with one-to-one support and digital target group delivery mechanism which we believe is the most unique learning tool for a range of learners who have barriers to their learning. Over the Summer, we have massively changed our teaching and learning delivery approach which has seen a range of teaching staff make our content more interactive. We have continued to enhance our platform delivery so that there is now daily and weekly timetabled slots available for learners to have ‘LIVE TEACHING’ in a Virtual Classroom or one-to-one session. We follow a specific scheme of work and have specific objectives per day, per week, so that there is a simple structure available for all.
Teachers and students can follow any of the following approaches:
- a timetabled approach where lessons are scheduled for their delivery
- drop in sessions
- live teaching
- live support / tutoring on one-to-one or one-to-ten
- ad-hoc sessions for students to have online support when requested
- catch up programmes
Catch up sessions
The live teaching and support can be used to deliver catch up programmes to support
• GCSE retakes
• Yr 7 catch up
• ESOL learners
• Functional skills
• Low literacy
• Low numeracy
• Mental health
• Separation anxiety
• Parental anxiety
We use a range of teachers, HLTAs, Wellbeing and Safeguarding support workers to assist all learners.
EDClass has worked throughout the lockdown to enhance our teacher and tutors delivery within our virtual classroom and is now offering much more interactive content. We have increased our assistance and well being support to ensure we are able to offer a proven secure, fully safeguarded, distance learning virtual classroom system which can help you further address:
- Distance learning for local lockdowns, second wave and a contingency for any other disruptions.
- Blended learning via our virtual classroom.
- Face-to-face learning one-on-one to help raise attainment and attendance.
- Remote learning for those students and staff that are ill and / or shielding.
- Interactive learning via the portal for a range of solutions for staff rotation and a varied curriculum.
- Hybrid offering 'eyes-on learning' via our support and timetabled sessions.
Distance learning has become a fundamental fact of life for many students within the UK. Online provision has created new learning opportunities for students all over the world. Using EDClass, distance learners can benefit from convenience, flexibility and importantly, support, just as any other student within a bricks and mortar school can.
Support is often a concern for the distance learner but with EDClass our teaching and mentor support system within our Virtual Classroom incorporates an in-house and face-to-face chat system (where a teacher can view the exact lesson that a student is working on) facilitating real-time connection and learning.
In this way, the student learning at distance can access the help needed when required as they progress through their learning pathways and truly feel connected to the world of education.
All our staff are enhanced DBS checked and all communication is tracked and recorded for safeguarding.
We offer a range of English, Science and Maths interactive content
Safeguarding for live teaching
Safeguarding is our key element. All our staff:
• are COVID 19 Psychological First Aid trained staff
• are trained at DSL level
• have Enhanced DBS checks
• ie teaching staff and HLTAs are list 99 checked
• have strong relationship with local authorities
The one-to-one support and chat enables any teacher and support worker to assist in any students learning.
Please call 01909 568 338 for a free trial or demo. Or please email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote 'trial20' for the free trial.