EDClass from EDLounge Ltd is a remote learning application designed to help break barriers to learning with online assistance through qualified and assisted tutors using the personalised e-learning aspects.
EDClass was developed again with the senior leaders, head governor and CEO of the Rodillian Multi Academy Trust to educate all those students that were not attending the 6 schools within their trust within specific times and periods of the day.
Your staff and our staff work with their students to give them support and assistance online whilst following a personalised learning pathway. Their target was simple: Educate all within their trust through an application regardless of barriers.
Within EDClass our qualified teachers work with your teachers, using our online platform and our Virtual Classrooms to educate the students at your provision. EDClass can give education providers the option of using EDClass to combat staff timetable clashes and staff absences.
Your facility can benefit from our qualified online staff concentrating on educating your short term off-site students, leaving your staff free to educate your longer term students, such as pupils that suffer with mental health problems. Students will benefit from qualified and experienced teachers using our tailor made learning pathways to give your students the best learning opportunities that are available in a virtual learning environment.
Our unique safeguarding tools have been developed with these students in mind to give educators the best opportunity to deliver lessons to off-site students whilst monitoring their behaviour and safety. All virtual lessons can be streamed live for teacher viewing and are also recorded and automatically backed up and saved to ensure safeguarding all round.
In depth information
Our staff can be used to help disengaged students gain knowledge for qualifications, support teaching and learning through an online classroom and work with students individually to achieve their goals, alongside supporting your staff with the e-learning aspects and administration. Our teaching and admin staff will also personalise the students e-learning pathway (10000+ lessons, 2000+ learning pathways) ensuring each student has a tailored learning experience to meet their needs.
Our unique safeguarding tools have been developed with off-site learning in mind, to ensure student safety is paramount and the best that is available in an online learning environment. EDClass also has the facility to track off-site students learning to ensure that staff can maintain constant contact with student that are being educated off-site. Our teaching staff are available to the student at the click of a button and will help guide students through their learning. The work students have completed will also be marked by EDClass teachers. All video recordings are saved and sent directly to your IT technicians to store and back up for data protection, child protection and safeguarding protocols.
The facility also ties the support teacher in EDClass to the live Virtual Classroom that your staff can monitor. You can see everything with total transparency.
This short-term provision via our Virtual Classroom approach and support mechanism for reaching a range of students within and outside school has been created so that establishments can target those hard to reach students or those students on the 6th day provision, using EDClass English, maths and science staff, mentors and support staff (alongside EDClass teaching staff) to educate learners in any situation.
EDClass can help schools and centres to educate students instantly who have difficulty attending a mainstream provision.
We provide a safe and secure learning environment for hard to reach students allowing them to achieve whilst offering educators our online platform and safeguarding tools. This will help each student reach their full potential in a controlled and safe environment. EDClass staff have the capability to educate students on specific timetabled pathways via live video stream that is all recorded to safeguard teachers, school staff and students. Learners follow a unique pathway for them and achieve support when they require it.
How the rotation works:
Within EDClass there is the facility to speak, support, and teach face to face via our own internal virtual platform.
The visits, questionnaires must be done by yourself for safeguarding purposes but all the, chat, recordings, backups, alerts and aspects are still paramount to the process.
All virtual lessons can be streamed live for teacher / student viewing and are also recorded and automatically backed up and saved to ensure safeguarding all round.
The students would be able to ask for and receive help, feedback, comments, and direction from our support members, ensuring all students can progress within EDClass.
You and your organisation can see the chat live with the student and teacher.
The video can work chat wise, and can be muted.
The students can follow any path, timed and date stamped for their own learning.
The students click on this button to activate the chat and virtual support whilst learning. Live lessons and tutoring can also occur.
Once clicked it takes them straight into learning. The learning, idle and question time is recorded.
The files are encrypted and sent to the school every evening once learning and the sessions have been completed.
All videos are automatically sent through via your FTP and stored via a folder for safeguarding. Every file is saved, encrypted and sent to the school.
This facility will enable us to further support students and the needs of those involved with these individuals in furthering their education. The difference between this and our normal support is that there is more supervision used for the students learning off-site.
We work with you so that you can:
- view the students learning live via a secure server stream
- chat face to face
- view their learning progress
- offer mentoring, support and assistance
- view actual live answers
- mentor students via a secure verbal chat or written chat
- set a structured pathway for any individual in a timetable path so that mentors and support workers can assist learners
This approach can dramatically improve students’ attendance and achievement but most importantly educate the students within a short term exclusion, 6th day provision or those school phobia / anxious / mental health students.
EDClass can help schools and centres educate students who have difficulty attending a mainstream provision. We provide a safe and secure learning environment for hard to reach students allowing them to achieve whilst offering educators our online platform and safeguarding tools. This will ensure each student reaches their full potential in a controlled and safe environment.
EDClass staff enables a partnership to be created so that we have the capability to educate students on specific timetabled pathways via live video stream that is all recorded to safeguard teachers, school staff and students to meet your school needs. Our unique safeguarding tools have been developed with these students in mind to give educators the best opportunity to deliver lessons to off-site students whilst monitoring their behaviour and safety.
EDClass and our online support system provides a great Alternative Provision for a range of students which adheres to government safeguarding, well-being and supervision legislation. Within this provision you have a robust and comprehensive tool that not only organisation to offers teaching and support, but also offers tutoring, assessment, pre-assessment, verification, and expertise in any subject for any age group for those doing core, academic or vocational courses. EDClass can also offer teaching support for any organisation.
Through this Alternative Provision partnership enables learning and attendance grades whilst learning through EDClass can be achieved using our new and secure methodology for many classifications of students including:
- short term provision
- 6th day exclusion
- home educated
- distance learners
- school phobic
- in inclusion units
- students with mental health issues
- one to one
- target groups
- for those studying for a qualification
- students with low literacy/numeracy
- those submitting qualification coursework
We can offer support to any individual, whether they be on or off-site. All our support officers are uniquely trained to have extensive knowledge and understanding of the EDClass lessons, system, qualifications, methodology, exams, coursework and practical elements. An exclusive pre-assessment, assessment and feedback service is available for the students, which will help them understand, learn and progress through EDClass.
Benefits of EDClass
With the government introducing or planning changes to budget, attendance policies, off-site learning, exclusion, inclusion and the alternative curriculum, accurate tracking and reporting is becoming increasingly more important for educational establishments to implement systems that can; deliver these changes, accurately monitor progress in real-time and output reports suitable for an Ofsted inspection.
The Classroom enables us and you to:
- support students live via our tuition platform
- offer live timetabled sessions
- provide a personalised pathway
- view the students learning via live a secure video stream
- chat face to face with learners
- view their learning progress, offer mentoring, support and assistance
- view live answers and submissions
- mentor learners via a secure verbal chat or written chat
- set a structured pathway for any individual in a timetable path so that mentors and support workers can assist any learner
- be flexible for any learner
EDClass is an online learning, tracking and reporting platform that can help you:
- dramatically improve your attendance levels
- improve behaviour throughout the whole school
- provide an inclusive Alternative Provision for your students (we become one of your alternative providers)
- create, track and monitor individualised learning pathways
- provide behaviour repair work
- have instant resources in isolation, home education and those students excluded, on part-time timetable, or those that are impacting your school attendance levels
- develop a positive and inclusive learning environment for your students
- address the 3 levels of progress for your KS3 students through our 8000+ learning lessons
- enhance KS4 performance scores
- deliver content to any type of target groups
- create a positive learning environment for pupil premium, alternative curriculum, or off-site individuals
- enable any assessment policy (without levels) to be adhered to
- encourage disaffected students to take an active role in their own education through a rewards-based gaming/learning structure
A new method of virtual teaching
Also, whilst cuts are being made everywhere under this air of uncertainty, the EDClass aspect can:
- reduce costs of permanently excluding students
- save you the expense of sending learners to Alternative Provision
- address how you deliver a personalised learning plan to your students that have mental health issues or those that are school phobic, refusers, non-attenders, teenage parents
- offer safeguarding supporting tool
- provide GCSE and functional skills content and timetabled sessions
Students can be supported in a one to one tuition platform or tuition can be offered to larger groups. We currently house over 200 live students providing support for English, science and maths plus other subjects for the 6th day provision or the short-term education of your students before being allowed into mainstream education. Please call 01909 568 338 for more information or fill in your details to contact us for a free demonstration and trial.