EDClass offers your organisation an alternative practice and ways of educating a range of learners before entering an Alternative Provision.
The system can be used prior to the Alternative Provision by offering:
- remote learning
- virtual learning
- off-site learning
- adult learning
- core, academic and vocational learning
- catch up learning
- whole school provision
- virtual learning environment
- management platform
The diagram below show how EDClass is being used in many ways for alternative provision using Remote education via our interactive blended learning approach.
This is how our one to one tutoring works for each learner when working with our live or on-demand teaching staff. You can use EDClass as your alternative provision for any type of distance learning tool.
Your staff can use it for pastoral, behavioural or for curriculum catch up delivery. We pride ourselves on our safeguarding. All our staff:
- are recruited in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy
- are Enhanced DBS checked
- are COVID 19 Psychological first aid trained
- are Trained to DSL level
- for example all our teaching staff, support staff and HLTAs are list 99 checked
- have strong relationships with local authorities
We have over 12,000 lessons. There are a range of approaches with EDClass being used for isolation, exclusion, 6th day provision, detention and behaviour but much, much more.
We can prove, track and evidence live and instantly via:
Learning and Progress
- Who is on and what slide they are on
- What they are learning (the screen is recorded)
- Screen sharing with a physical chat face to face not just a worded chat,
- Whether teaching and learning take place
- Questions and answer sessions
- Personalised and pathways of learning
- Blended and flexible through differentiated tasks
- Evidence of teaching
- Artificial intelligence that tracks eyes, head and body movement
- Multi target groups of students on different tasks learning at different paces
Safeguarding and security
- Who is actually there learning
- If they are safe, you do not just look at blank black screens
- If the environment is safe and secure to learn in
- Through monitoring health and safety incidents
- Safety introductions,
- Adhere to procedures and policies for safeguarding
- Interaction with wellbeing and HLTAs
- Via webcam, numerous additional cams or locked down application
- Wellbeing support and HLTAs can access and alongside teachers
Attendance and tracking
- Who is on and where they are logged on
- Live attendance and classroom submission tracker
- Attendance for AM and PM sessions
- Idle time is tracked
- Every mouse movement and keystroke are recorded
- Start and stop points
- Match policies for attendance, lateness and punctuality
- Parental access
- Screen and browser are locked and recorded
- A recording of everything taught, discussed, completed and clicked by staff and students is taken within every online session. Once the session is finished you can download it. The application and software enables a rear camera to show a 180 or 360 degree view of the environment. All evidence is encrypted and securely sent to server where there is available to be evidenced by safeguarding, wellbeing, behaviour officers. This enables you to go back to certain points and incidents to check accurately and identify what is actually happening.
The support via the Virtual Classroom for your Alternative Provision
EDClass and our online support system provides a great Alternative Provision for a range of students which adheres to Government safeguarding, well-being and supervision legislation. Within this provision you have a robust and comprehensive tool that not only organisation to offers teaching and support, but also offers tutoring, assessment, pre-assessment, verification, and expertise in any subject for any age group for those doing core, academic or vocational courses. EDClass can also offer teaching support for any organisation.
Through this Alternative Provision partnership enables learning and attendance grades whilst learning through EDClass can be achieved using our new and secure methodology for many classifications of students including:
- short term provision
- separation anxiety
- 6th day exclusion
- home educated
- distance learners
- in inclusion units
- students with mental health issues
- one to one
- target groups
- for those studying for a qualification
- students with low literacy/numeracy
- those submitting qualification coursework
We can offer support to any individual, whether they be on or off-site. All our support officers are uniquely trained to have extensive knowledge and understanding of the EDClass lessons, system, qualifications, methodology, exams, coursework and practical elements. An exclusive pre-assessment, assessment and feedback service is available for the students, which will help them understand, learn and progress through EDClass.
Our system was designed to help schools educate those hard-to-reach learners who have difficulty learning in mainstream provisions.
At EDClass, we are able to provide learners with more personalised and convenient learning programmes to suit them - we provide learners with choices about where, when, and how learning occurs.
Students can either work their way through the lessons independently, or receive additional support from our specialised support staff.
Learners with mental health issues
EDClass is proven to help a range of students with mental health, separation anxiety and depression to still feel involved and be a part of the school. Our aim is to have live teachers that can deliver sessions to these students whenever they are willing to log on and access learning. Our staff and support workers can teach online via our interactive learning platform so any student can work one to one with any online teacher or support worker or in a group task.
|A student can access the platform from any location. We can build there timetable around their learning needs.||Students can access live sessions, timetabled lessons, and on demand teaching via EDClass TV .|
Every student has a diagnostic assessment which creates their own learning unique learning pathway once on a seat. To view how the seating system and packages work click here
We work on a stepping stones scenario basis, helping to encourage and build students' self-esteem and lower their anxiety to return to school, this process could be short but in mental health, it will take as long as needed. We have well being officers and Designated Safeguarding Leads and trained workers where safeguarding, well being and support is paramount.
Over the years EDClass has built different tools and systems to help a multitude of students, including those battling mental health problems. This, over the recent pandemic, has changed and we have adapted our curriculum and operations to help your organisation. This is started with the re-engagement of education, which could be 10 minutes or it could be more, moving at the learner's pace. We aim for students to be following their curriculum from school, the relationship between EDClass, school and home is key.
Each day may be different but we build in terms of strength and support on the low days. Our hours of teaching will also help for students on medication which means they may struggle to do any work till the afternoon or early evening.
Our staff can deliver live and on-demand lessons so that learners and teachers can virtually rotate classes for maximum usage.
This is how the rotation works:
EDClass is a proven secure, fully safeguarded, distance learning system online learning, tracking and reporting platform that can help you:
- catch up delivery and sessions for missed learning
- continue to support your students regardless of a second wave or local lockdown.
- educate all students through a blended, flexible and remote learning package
- dramatically improve your attendance levels
- improve behaviour throughout the whole school
- provide an inclusive Alternative Provision for your students (we become one of your alternative providers)
- create, track and monitor individualised learning pathways
- provide behaviour repair work
- have instant resources in isolation, home education and those students excluded, on part-time timetable, or those that are impacting your school attendance levels
- develop a positive and inclusive learning environment for your students
- address the 3 levels of progress for your KS3 students through our 12,000+ learning lessons
- enhance KS4 performance scores
- deliver content to any type of target groups
- create a positive learning environment for pupil premium, alternative curriculum, or off-site individuals
- enable any assessment policy (without levels) to be adhered to
- encourage disaffected students to take an active role in their own education through a rewards-based gaming/learning structure
Please call 01909 568 338 for more information or fill in your details to contact us for a free demonstration and trial.