The EDClass platform from EDLounge Ltd treats safeguarding as its highest priority. Safeguarding of our young people, teaching staff and staff is paramount.
EDLounge via EDClass has an up-to-date GDPR process and this is available on request however safeguarding will supersede this at all times and our safeguarding processes are activated when we as a company or trained individuals believe there is a concern.
Online we have numerous safeguarding tools in our online Virtual Classrooms. Which includes students off-site letting us know how they are on a daily basis, alert mechanisms, video/chat support, marking and various other industry-leading tools.
It is mandatory for all EDClass staff to pass an advanced child protection course.
All senior managers have passed their designated safeguarding lead course, with a strict hierarchy in the processes and reporting system. Senior managers have also take the safeguarding of vulnerable adults course. All staff have covered FGM / counter-terrorism and PREVENT.
All schools using our face to face virtual classrooms are urged to invest in QNAP software to be stored on site for SFTP transfer of classroom data. Keeping safeguarding as a priority between schools and the EDClass safeguarding team
Safeguarding – Attendance Tracker
Students using EDClass will work to a set schedule. Teachers can set when the students are expected to register on the website in the morning and afternoon.
If a student fails to register when they have been scheduled to, an attendance report will be sent via email to the school and parents who have provided a contact email address.
Our platform can be accessed at any time from any location with an internet connection that your school deems appropriate for learning.
This will help schools and centres educate those hard to reach learners who have difficulty attending mainstream provisions.
We can offer any individual that is on the system, whether they are on-site or off-site, support through their learning.
All of our support officers are uniquely trained to have extensive knowledge and understanding of our lessons, system, qualifications, methodology, exams, coursework and practical element
Students will complete a safety questionnaire at the beginning of a session to confirm that they feel safe, have the correct equipment and are ready to learn. The questions can be edited and personalised to suit individual students.
While on the system, students will have access to an “alert” button.
If at any point there is an emergency or change in circumstance, the student can use the alert button to alert the relevant staff at your establishment via email, text and phone call.
Our Safegurding Content
We are proud to have the following online elearning lessons and resources to support and actively engage parents, student, and teachers in the following safeguarding topics:
- Am i depressed
- Do you have obsessive compulsive disorder
- Do you have post traumatic stress disorder
- Bullying – physical bullying
- Bullying – homophobic bullying
- Bullying – racist bullying
- Bullying and social networking sites – staying safe online
- Child sexual abuse (CSE) – signs and indicators
- Child sexual exploitation
- Computer and internet security
- Defining sexual misconduct – sexual bullying
- Does your child have obsessive compulsive disorder
- Does your child have post traumatic stress disorder
- Female genital mutilation
- Forced marriage
- Gangs and county lines
- Harassment and bullying- how to deal with it
- Harmful sexual behaviour
- Healthy sexual relationships
- Honour based violence
- How to keep you child safe online
- Human trafficking
- I think my child is self harming
- Is my child depressed
- Modern slavery
- Racist bullying
- Racial bullying and harassment
- Self harm
- Sexual misconduct – sexual bullying
- What happens if you go missing
- What to do if your child goes missing