How to make good out of a bad situation.
Schools really don’t want to exclude students, ideally, students need to be in school and learning.
Unfortunately, sometimes schools need to exclude students, and this can be detrimental to the school and the student, schools don’t want to lose attendance marks, they don’t want the student to stop following the curriculum, with an important target for the young person to achieve the best grades to give them the best chance in the future. EDClass from EDLounge Ltd was designed just to do this.
We can help with this, by quickly being able to put your young person on a seat with safeguarding tools to help them learn, with increased protection, while they are not on school premises.
Students can follow your current half-termly curriculum for their year group, with all work marked and feedback provided. They can also complete behaviour lessons relating to the issues leading to exclusion.
All of this information is monitored and helps with any reintegration meeting and supports the school's behaviour policy and expectations.
Working with EDClass we aim to help you reduce the numbers of days exclusions and increase the school’s attendance.
EDClass was initially designed to prevent 34 students from being permanently excluded from one school over a term, in our pilot year in 2008. It worked! It is now a powerful resource for your pupils to continue learning when working in an inclusion unit or for those who have been excluded. Our unique methodology gives every child the chance to succeed through the study of core subjects, allowing pupils to learn, progress and attain in an environment that is suited to their specific needs.
Completed work can be tracked and monitored to view the pupil’s progress and data can be presented in the form of printable reports. With personalised pathways for your pupils to complete, knowledge and understanding can be developed, whilst removing barriers to learning.
The EDClass platform has proved successful in improving behaviour and minimising issues which may occur when a pupil returns to the mainstream classroom.
EDClass provides a great tool for motivating and creating a positive learning system for NEETs, included, excluded, vulnerable, home educated, foundation, vocational, teenage pregnancy, injured or long term sick and fast track students alongside being used for target groups, C/D border students, or whole school approaches.
Using EDClass for reducing exclusions and in isolation areas
Through EDClass you can create user accounts and lessons instantly, as well as creating your own bespoke lessons, to create an individual programme within a learning pathway for students to follow. As an organisation you are able to do and track all of the following:
- Improve disengaged students’ knowledge and understanding within a range of subjects in a relaxed and enjoyable environment through interactive learning approaches
- Increase behaviour, motivation and attendance whilst promoting fun learning
- gain foundation and vocational qualifications verified by AQA, EDEXCEL, NCFE, EDUCAS and City & Guilds
- Enable teaching staff to track and monitor graphical and theoretical data of a student’s progress in English, Maths and Science alongside functional skills, core and vocational subjects
- reduce exclusions, lower persistent absences and enhance learning whilst enabling the students to work independently. They are then able to spend reward time on their business and enterprise game in EDVille
- provide a new and innovative approach to your alternative and foundation curriculum, as you can now prepare your students for their Maths and English qualifications through our functional skills lessons and areas
- students can also receive attendance grades whilst completing lessons, assessment files and coursework through EDClass.
- student success is achieved through spending time on EDClass and completing lessons
- You can reward students instantly for answers submitted, effort, grade, commitment, coursework, homework and time spent learning
Click for behaviour, cyber bullying and bullying content here
Click for drug awareness content here
Please click here for more information about how we can help you with your detentions and isolations here
Call us on 01909 568 338 for more information