Teaching and Learning
EDClass is a remote learning tool designed to break barriers to learning with help from our qualified teachers.
Your learners will benefit from qualified and experienced teachers using our tailor-made learning pathways to give the best learning opportunities that are available in a virtual learning environment.
Our unique safeguarding tools have been developed with these learners in mind to give educators the best opportunity to deliver lessons to off-site learners whilst monitoring their behaviour and safety.
All virtual lessons can be streamed live for teacher viewing and are also recorded and automatically backed-up and saved to ensure safeguarding all around.
EDClass In-Depth Information
EDClass is a virtual, remote learning application, designed to help break barriers to learning, through personalised e-learning content and qualified teachers/tutors for online support. Our staff can be used to help disengaged learners gain knowledge for qualifications, to support teaching and learning through an online classroom and to work with learners individually to achieve their goals. They can also support your staff with the e-learning aspects and administration.
Our teaching and admin staff will personalise the learners' learning pathway to ensure each learner has a tailored learning experience to meet their needs.
EDClass also has the facility to ensure staff can maintain constant contact with learners that are being educated off-site. Our teaching staff are available to the learner at the click of a button and will help guide learners through their lesson/work. The work learners complete will also be marked by EDClass teachers. All video recordings are saved and sent directly to your IT technicians to store and back-up for data protection, child protection and safeguarding protocols.
EDClass can help schools and centres to educate learners who have difficulty attending a mainstream provision with immediate effect.
We provide a safe and secure learning environment for hard-to-reach learners, allowing them to achieve whilst offering educators our online platform and safeguarding tools. This enables learners to reach their full potential in a controlled and safe environment. EDClass staff have the capability to educate learners on specific timetabled pathways via live video stream, all recorded to safeguard teachers, school staff and learners. Each learner follows a unique pathway and asks for support as they require it.
How the Rotation Works:
EDClass enables us to support learners more. there is more supervision of learners off-site. We work with you so that you can:
- see the learners as they work, live, via a secure server stream
- chat face-to-face
- view their learning progress, offer mentoring, support and assistance
- view learners' answers/responses live
- mentor learners via a secure verbal or written chat
- set a structured and timetabled pathway for any learner so that mentors and different subject support workers can assist learners at specific times
This approach can dramatically improve learners’ attendance and attainment; very important for learners with a short-term exclusion, 6th day provision or learners who may be school phobic, anxious or suffering from issues of mental health.
EDClass provides a great alternative provision for a range of learners which adheres to government safeguarding, well-being and supervision legislation.
Our provision can enable you to claim attendance codes for many kinds of learners including:
- short-term provision
- 6th day exclusion
- learners who have/are being been suspended
- home-educated learners
- distance learners
- learners who are school phobic
- learners in inclusion units
- learners with Mental Health issues
- learners requiring one-to-one support
We can offer support to any individual, whether they be on or off-site. All our teachers and support staff are trained to have extensive knowledge and understanding of the EDClass lessons, system and methodology. An exclusive pre-assessment, assessment and feedback service is available for learners, which will help them understand, learn and progress through EDClass .
Benefits of EDClass
EDClass can help you:
- dramatically improve your attendance levels
- improve behaviour throughout the whole school
- provide an inclusive alternative provision for your learners (we become one of your Alternative Providers)
- create, track and monitor individualised learning pathways
- provide behaviour repair work
- access resources instantly in isolation, home education, excluded, on part-time timetable or those that are impacting your school attendance levels
- develop a positive and inclusive learning environment for your learners
- address the 3 levels of progress for your KS3 learners
- access our 12000+ lessons
- enhance KS4 performance scores
- deliver content to any target groups
- create a positive learning environment for Pupil Premium, alternative curriculum or off-site learners
- enable any assessment policy (without levels) to be adhered to
- encourage disaffected learners to take an active role in their own education through a rewards-based gaming/learning structure